Hair Fall and Hair Graying are a growing concern these days as the problem persists equally among men, women and kids too. Hair treatment is a huge business today and several cosmetic treatments and medicines are available. But they only treat the problem temporarily and give side effects.
The most natural and effective treatment for hairfall and graying of hair is through Ayurvedic Herbs. Due to an unhealthy lifestyle, diet, pollution, stress, weight loss and climatic changes, maximum people are suffering from multiple hair issues such as dandruff, split ends, baldness, and premature graying of hair.
Let us know the specific Ayurveda treatments for maintaining beautiful and healthy hair free from problems.
The 5 Amazing Ayurvedic Herbs for Treating Hair Loss & Graying
1. Amla or Gooseberry – Amla means Amrit, a traditional Indian medicine which has anti bacterial, anti microbial, antioxidant, anti inflammatory and astringent properties. It is the best source of Vitamin C. It reduces the melanin pigment deficiency, recovers the dead cells from the scalp and helps to cure from hair fall, damaged hair and gray hair problems.
You can use Amla in various ways.
Massage your scalp and hair with pure Amla oil, it provides hair growth and locks the moisture in the hair making it elegant.
Prepare a paste of lemon juice, 2 tsp of water and four tsp of Amla powder and apply it on your scalp as shampoo. Leave it for 20 to 25 min and wash your hair with clean water. This will help in getting rid of all kinds of hair problems. Avoid using shampoo or soap while using this remedy.
Include Amla in your diet.
2. Bhringraj – It is a powerful medicinal herb. According to Ayurveda, the leaf cleanses the liver and is very good for hair. The oil is very effective for treating hairfall, dandruff, premature graying of hair and baldness.
You can make Bhringraj oil at home. Grind the leaves and sun dry for 2 to 3 days and immerse them in coconut oil and leave it in the sun for two days till the colour of the oil turns to light green. The best ways to use the oil is to apply it directly on the scalp, let the roots absorb the oil fully for 30 min and then wash your hair.
3. Shikakai – Shikakai is a well known herb which has been used as a shampoo since ancient times. It is also used as a hair pack.
- Soak shikakai powder in water and add reetha to make a lather. Strain and shampoo your hair with this water. It is a natural shampoo, use it regularly to get a long, shiny, healthy and black hair.
- Mix shikakai with yogurt and apply it on hair for its natural growth.
- Boil some dry shikakai in coconut oil and use the oil to massage your scalp. This helps in reducing hairfall and strengthening your hair.
4. Brahmi – Brahmi, an ancient ayurvedic medicine, helps in nourishing the hair roots. It reduces dandruff and provides thick roots to the hair.
The Brahmi nourishing hair pack is made by grinding and crushing dried Brahmi leaves into a fine powder, and then combining the powder with tulsi, amla and neem powder. After using this pack, you will have thick and healthy hair and a drastic change in split ends.
5. Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera is an amazing ingredient to reduce the growth of gray hair. It is a one stop solution for all hair problems. It is very rich in amino acids and proteins and maintains the pH balance of hair. It has natural enzymes that remove dead cells from the scalp and makes the hair dandruff free.
Massage aloe vera gel on the scalp and wash off after 15 minutes with an herbal shampoo.
Take 3 tbsp of fresh aloe vera gel, add 2 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp of fenugreek powder and one tbsp of fresh tulsi paste. Mix everything and make a fine paste. Massage your scalp with this paste and apply it on your hair. Leave it for overnight and wash your hair in the morning with an herbal shampoo. This overnight hair mask clears dandruff, stops premature graying of hair & hair fall.